Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My Quilted Christmas Patchwork Bag/Purse

quilted christmas bag
Christmas is coming!! This bag ($50) is the perfect thing to get you into the holiday spirit. It is a handmade, quilted purse measuring 14" wide by 11" tall. It is soft, but very sturdy since there is quilt batting and interfacing. I used a really cute wavy stitch on my machine to quilt the bag. There are three 5 inch pockets on the inside to hold your phone, iPod, etc. The strap is 1.5 inches wide and cushioned with quilt batting to make it more comfortable. I re-enforced the seams on the straps to make sure that it can handle lots of weight. You close the bag using the drawstrings, but I actually like leaving it open and having the bows on the side. Since the top is fluted from the drawstrings, I find that I don't really need to close it.
This bag was a ton of fun to make! I'm planning on having more versions of this up for sale in my shop soon. 

Christmas bag





I can't emphasize enough about how fun this was to make. I am definitely in the Christmas spirit now! I was a little nervous about using my machine's wavy stitch on this project, since I've never done it before, but, I practiced a lot before hand and it came out splendiforous...oh burn spell check. Let's see you fix that spelling lol....-clears throat- anywho...
Christmas bagThe bag came out so beautifully, I know I'm going to play with some more of my machine's crazy stitches on the next one. I actually had a durp moment while I was cutting this thing out. I ended up cutting twice as many pieces that I needed, except for the green stripey parts. So, I went to the fabric store and bought some matching red fabric and I'm planning on doing a red version of this bag. Once again, please leave feedback on my blog about this item. Is the price right? Do you like the style? What can I change to make it better?
Feel free to stop by my store and check out all my epic items!! Remember...ZOMGOODNESS! CHRISTMAS IS COMING!

~~~Emily Blackie

Christmas bag

No comments:

Post a Comment