Saturday, November 3, 2012

Trendy Off-White Hemp Choker with Blue Ice Beads

jewelry, necklace, choker, blue, glass, beads, Celtic, hemp, handmade
When I think of winter, I think of icicles and snowflakes. This is a 13.5 inch long handmade hemp choker, I designed during this last summer when I was yearning for a break from the heat. I kept thinking of ice crystals gathering on my window right in mid winter. I think of this necklace as a clash between summer and winter. As with most of my jewelry, there is definitely Celtic influence in the knot design. It is extremely comfortable to wear, due to the fact that I made sure to use the softest hemp I could find. I have very sensitive skin, so I'm always putting comfort high on my priority list.
jewelry, necklace, choker, blue, glass, beads, Celtic, hemp, handmade
The way the choker clasps together is kinda cool. One end is a loop that has a few sliding knots at its base to tighten it, and the other end looks kinda like a little man with a head and two arms. You put the knotted (man) end into the loop and tighten. As with all hemp, it is very durable. I hope you like this piece as much as I do. Please, as always, feel free to leave feedback. Do you like the design and the colors? I have it listed for $18.00. Is that a good price? What are some color combinations you think would be cool? Thanks for reading and feel free to stop by my SHOP and see my other items.

~~Emily Blackie

No comments:

Post a Comment